Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution implies depositing and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server managed by a hosting supplier. There are various classes of hosting services used for different goals, so let's explore these. In that way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you desire to set up a weblog, mail aliases, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by certain hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain interval of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally wrong explanation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the workload between autonomous stacks of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various website hosting services (email, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting brand is suitable if you want to share a vast number of images with pals or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your email aliases. Some corporations provide website hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you wish to own an email address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can open email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting quotas. Embedding the video will permit you to own as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to possess a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At reseller, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for specific web content solely.